Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cold Winter Remedy - Hand Cream...?

Ok, so it's a little bit of a strange wording for a title, but hear me out. When I woke up today I knew this weekend was going to be one that didn't involve alot of outdoors activities. Although the snow has let up now, and the sun is actually somewhat shining, it was the complete opposite this morning when I got out of bed. Here's my proof. Any typical Canadian would not be surprised by this picture...it's what most winter scenes look like for almost 6 months out of the year in Canada!

Scary eh!!!

When it looks this dry and cold outside, I sometimes inexplicably feel the need to surround myself in warming moisture. How many times has anyone felt the roughness of their hands after a long day in the cold? I admit I am one of those women that carries hand cream with them constantly. I just can't stand the feeling of dry skin! lol Because of this, I know my moisturizers. My face is a different matter completely (I am a bit of a skincare junkie) but when it comes to body and hand lotions, I have my absolute fav's with me all the time. In terms of hand creams, I without a doubt have my tried and true's. One of those is the wonderful and retro Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Hand Cream.


Now, it's been a long while for me since I bought this...sadly there are only a few select stores that carry it in my city. Thankfully though, I went to the mall and purposely made a point to go to the Crabtree & Evelyn store to pick more of it up. And it was just my luck when they were having a sale. Instead of almost $20 for one tube (I think it's something like $18.50 now) the sale was 2 tubes for $25...deal! :)


I picked up a Rosewater one as well since it too has a really nice floral warming smell that reminds me of a garden in the spring. And how cute are these tubes! I have to admit that their look is a big part of why I love this hand cream. Don't get me wrong though. Whatever's in this stuff really works. If you have dry and rough hands, you GOTTA try one of these creams! There's quite a few scents of it out now, but the base cream for each one is the exact same. The formula is never greasy. It just leaves me with smooth, soft and beautifully moisturized hands. Regardless of what the weather does to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment