Sunday, February 20, 2011

All things vintage...I wish!

So to say that I have a love for anything vintage would be a bit of an understatement, I think. I'm sure just by looking at this blog, it's not hard to tell that. In a way I feel actually somehow physically drawn to items that look like they've come from the countryside; things that seem a bit 'weathered'. Most of the time I could only find these things in thrift shops, or if I was lucky, an interesting find from one of the very few flea markets in my city. I used to love garage sales for this hunt, but alas, they also seem very few and far between. Not to mention that more often then not it's a pityful excuse for finding any treasures.

Thankfully though, it seems that more and more places/companies are designing things to look vintage inspired. I've even lately been drawn to the more woodsy and enchanting themes. Birds, trees, owls, greenery, deer, etc. It all seems very whimsical and almost child-like in a way. When I can find something styled like that, as well as having a vintage feel to it, well there's no question that it really draws my eye.

The reason I am explaining this is because of some recent purchases I made this weekend. It's a long weekend in Canada and my mom, sister, and I all decided to go shopping at one of the local antique malls.

Now I know these look 'grandma-ish', but honestly that's just how I like them. I'm actually pretty sure these two were owned by some little baba sitting in her house knitting with a cup of tea! :)

Now this item isn't a vintage or antique per se, but  it sure does look that way, doesn't it? I found this at a store called Winner's, which usually carries a very eclectic and unusual variety of housewares. It was only $12.99 as well. Bonus and bonus, I say. I meant to take a picture of it before I put all my jewellery on, but because I was so excited about my new pretty thing, I just couldn't help but start putting it to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment