Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yummy yummy...

Geez, I m the worst blogger ever! Who goes months and months with no post??


Anyways, it's Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada and I wanted to contribute something to my family's delicious dinner planned, so I thought I would try some sort of pie or tartlet recipe. Personally I'm a big fan of pumpkin or apple spice pies in the fall, but because my family is a little on the picky side, I thought I should be a little safe and choose cherry for the filling. In terms of the crust, well this was my gamble. I actually didn't use a recipe at all for this! I really do love baking, and I think sometimes half the fun of it is coming up with an idea of what you want, and just try different ingredients until you get it! For me it was simple. I wanted a quick graham crumb shell, and the filling had to be easy enough as well. So here is the final result. Enjoy!!



And now, here's the recipe!

Ingredients:

Tartlet crust:    2 cups graham crumbs
                  1 cup butter, softened
                  1 cup brown or white sugar


Filling:      2 lbs, or 2 and 1/2 cups pitted and halved cherries
              1 cup sugar
              1 sachet of pectin       
              1/2 cup water

In large bowl cream together butter and suagr until well blended. Add in graham crumbs slowly until entire mixture clumps together. Press into an empty muffin pan, adding about 2 tablespoons of mixture into each muffin tin. make sure bottom and sides are even in terms of mixture thickness. Bake in a preheated 350 degree over for 7 minutes. Let cool completely and dish out onto a plate or cooling tray.

In a saucepan, add cherries and water and bring to a gentle boil. Add in sugar and pectin until mixture forms a thicken gelatinous texture. Remove from heat and spoon into cooled tartlets or mini pie shells. Place in a fridge or cool area for a few hours to let the filling set. And there you go!

Makes about 16 tartlets or 12 tartlets and one mini 8 x 8 rounded mini pie





No comments:

Post a Comment